The project KnowNow4Aerospace (KN4AERO) focuses on promoting the internationalization of Portuguese companies working within the Aerospace sector (in particular those located in Norte, Centro and Alentejo Region). It is financed by the Portuguese programme COMPETE2020 (Operational Program for Competitiveness and Internationalization) and by the European Regional Development Fund. It was approved with the Project nº 25037 by the call 01/SIAC/2016 - SISTEMA DE APOIO A AÇÕES COLETIVAS – Internacionalização.
The project KN4AERO will develop several actions in order to achieve its goals, namely:
- Implementation of two web portals (aerospace.pt e knownow.pt) that will allow to disseminate, promote and stimulate the aerospace sector;
- Foster the competitiveness of companies and research institutes by means of an international Roadshow present at key events, in cooperation with AICEP, FCT, IDD, Governo Regional dos Açores, ADRAL and the Estrutura de Missão Portugal IN (confirmed so far are Farnborough – UK, Bremen – Germany, Colorado Springs – USA);
- Execute a study aiming at the promotion of the convergence regions as regions of knowledge and innovation;
- Execute a SWOT analysis in order to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that this sector faces in Portugal;
- Organize dissemination and information activities of the outcomes and experiences gathered through this project.
All actions will be supported by a strong marketing plan focused on bringing more visibility to the Portuguese companies working within this sector.
The project has been set to end in May 2019 and is executed in co-promotion by CEC/CCIC and AEDCP.